Browser ?

Nikolas Britton nikolas.britton at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 20:40:33 GMT 2005

On 8/12/05, Gary W. Swearingen <garys at opusnet.com> wrote:
> Nikolas Britton <nikolas.britton at gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Like what?
>
> Like the indemnification clause in
>      http://mail.google.com/mail/help/terms_of_use.html
>
> One can limit their exposure to such risks by accessing such services
> as read-only services, except for their normal SMTP services which,
> AFAIK, are covered only by implied licenses with no indemnification.
> I hope.

I'm sure you'd find that in any type of web service. Say if I
disclosed, under an NDA, the code that SCO claims was stolen and put
into Linux using Google's Gmail service and then SCO turns around and
sues google for posting the message, because they have deeper pockets
then I. Google has nothing to do with this other then being the
intermedium, I'm the one that did the damage. It's standard corporate
risk management.