PowerChute && FreeBSD 5.4 / 6.0

Matthias Apitz guru at Sisis.de
Fri Aug 12 13:24:46 GMT 2005

Hello,

In our rack we have a APC Smart-UPS RT 5000 and in most of
the Linux servers we use some java-based daemon 'PowerChute'; the
daemon on each server creats LISTEN in TCP/3052 and UDP/3052
and the Smart-UPS does UDP broadcasts on this port; this is
all I can see with tcpdump.

PowerChute does not support FreeBSD (only Solaris, Linux, ...)
and even if it would support FreeBSD I'm not willing to install
all the java stuff on it because the system will be used as
firewall.

Is there somehow a small client for this TCP/UDP protocol?

Thx in advance

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz / Sisis Informationssysteme GmbH
Gruenwalder Weg 28g / D-82041 Oberhaching