threading - good, bad, ugly?

Aaron Peterson dopplecoder at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 01:22:14 GMT 2005

It used to be that lots of people told me threaded applications didn't
run efficiently on FreeBSD because the native threading libraries were
not very efficient.  I remember some work being done on them for the
5.x series though, and am wondering if this is still any issue to be
concerned about at all?  MySQL performance was the thing people harped
on the most IIRC...  Anyway, I was just curious about the status of
this.  Perhaps there was never any issue and it was all talk.  I
wouldn't know :-)

Aaron