RealTek ALC650

stephen honea stephen_honea at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 10 22:46:43 GMT 2005

Trying to install an unsuported sound card.
Motherboard Abit ic7 max3
Audiocard Realtek alc650
Driver
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/dlac97-2.aspx?lineid=5&famid=12&series=8&Software=True

kernel config path
/usr/src/sys/i386/configure/max-kern

driver unxiped path
/usr/home/stephen/sound/alsa-driver-1.0.9rc4a/

./configure returns:
nox# ./configure
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler...
yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none
needed
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for a BSD-compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking for egrep... grep -E
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking whether time.h and sys/time.h may both be
included... yes
checking whether gcc needs -traditional... no
checking for current directory...
/usr/home/stephen/sound/alsa-driver-1.0.9rc4a
checking cross compile...
checking for directory with kernel source...
/usr/src/linux
checking for directory with kernel build...
checking for kernel version... The file
/usr/src/linux/include/linux/version.h does not exist.
Please, install the package with full kernel sources
for your distribution
or use --with-kernel=dir option to specify another
directory with kernel
sources (default is /usr/src/linux).
nox#

i replaced /usr/src/linux with:
/usr/src/sys/i386/
/usr/src/sys/i386/configure/
/usr/src/sys/i386/configure/nox-kern/

i even used ./configure --with-kernel="the above
paths"
it seems to be looking for version.h (a linux file)
but i can't seem to find souch a file

I am not sure what to do now  Id like to have sound
but have no clue how to install the driver.. any
sugestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have googled and searched the archives using key
words, and geting tired of reading NIC threads :)
Thanks in advance.