Simple question of dns?

Micheal Patterson micheal at tsgincorporated.com
Wed Aug 10 18:06:20 GMT 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Carstea Catalin" <carstea.catalin at gmail.com>
To: <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2005 12:01 PM
Subject: Simple question of dns?

I want to configure my dns to redirect all request from :
 http://www.mail.mydomain.com <http://www.mail.mydomain.com>
 http://mail.mydomain.com
 Many users do first request and my server respond only al the second url.
 Tks!

If you have access to your dns zone file, add a cname entry:

www.mail          CNAME       mail.mydomain.com.

--

Micheal Patterson
Senior Communications Systems Engineer

Confidentiality Notice:  This e-mail message, including any attachments,
copies of the original message.