It is possible? Emails - backups.

Dan Nelson dnelson at allantgroup.com
Wed Aug 10 17:56:50 GMT 2005

In the last episode (Aug 10), Carstea Catalin said:
> How can i configure 2 server of mail :
> 1. One to serve my users on LAN (pop3 , smtp);
> 2. the second serverer is "the backup of mail boxes of first server" and
> more:
>  -> if first server is down this server gets emails for my lan users?
>   Ex: [internet]------------->[first mail server]<----->[second mail server
> - with same mailboxes as first]--------------------->[LAN]
>  3. I want to run postfix.

For SMTP traffic, it's easy: just edit your DNS and add two MX records
tor "mydomain.com", one pointing to each server.  Incoming emails will
deliver to one and try the other if the first fails.

Clustering the actual stored messages is a lot harder.  I don't have
any suggestions there.

--
	Dan Nelson
	dnelson at allantgroup.com