ad10: WARNING - READ_DMA UDMA ICRC error (retrying request) LBA=11441599

Dmitry Mityugov dmitry.mityugov at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 10:53:05 GMT 2005

On 8/10/05, Unix <unix at dominique-werner.com> wrote:
> Dmitry Mityugov wrote:
>
> >On 8/10/05, Unix <unix at dominique-werner.com> wrote:
> >

> >>I thought the WD Raptors were supposed to replace the SCSI for that
> >>purpose. I used to run one in a Powermac and performance wise it behaved
> >>very well, unfortunately I haven't had the chance to test the 30 or 70
> >>GB WD Raptor SATA in FreeBSD..S/ATA drives should never be used for 24/7
> >>or server use anyway

> >There are Maxtor MaXLine II and III, and perhaps several other models,
> >that are supposed to work 24/7.
> >

> Yes, but I don't like Maxtor drives, the ones I've used always failed
> after a year or less than a year...

Western Digital produces similar drives as well - from
http://store.westerndigital.com/product.asp?sku=2700729: ..."24x7 100%
duty cycle–the highest available reliability rating on high capacity
drives"...

--
Dmitry Mityugov, St. Petersburg, Russia
I ignore all messages with confidentiality statements

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"