icewmtray error

Roberto rg at varnet.ws
Wed Aug 10 02:17:19 GMT 2005

On Mon, 8 Aug 2005 20:12:30 -0300
Roberto <rg at varnet.ws> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have the following problem with icewmtray: it runs on icewm-session
> startup and when I launch Skype and Gaim they place their icons in
> tray.
>
> Operation is OK for maximizing or minimizing to tray but when I
> close (exit) any program that places a tray icon (Skype or Gaim) then
> icewmtray exits unexpectedly with the following error message (it also
> closes any other programs that have icons in the tray):
>
> % icewmtray
> icewmtray: using /home/rgp/.icewm for private configuration files
> X Error of failed request:  BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
>   Major opcode of failed request:  2 (X_ChangeWindowAttributes)
>   Resource id in failed request:  0xa00021
>   Serial number of failed request:  181
>
> I am using FreeBSD 5.4 (with upgraded ports).
>
> These are the versions of the relevant packages:
>
> icewm-1.2.22
> gaim-1.4.0
> skype-1.1.0.20_1
>
> I've tried with my home configuration files and with defaults, the
> error is the same.

Hello, I've fixed it: seems that icewmtray needs the IMLIB option
enabled to work OK.

When comparing with a similar machine (where icewmtray works) I
noticed that Gnome was installed and Imlib also. So the icewm port
detected imlib and automatically enabled the imlib support (even if
the option was unmarked) when compiling.

Roberto