question about compile options

David Banning david+dated+1124067911.e29a9b at skytracker.ca
Wed Aug 10 01:05:14 GMT 2005

I am wondering how to know what compile options are available for
a given ports package. For instance I want to compile
/usr/ports/www/php4-cgi with support for mysql and fastcgi, but
looking in the port, all there exists is a Makefile containing
little information. There are no subdirectories. Subdirectories
are created during the make, but then presumably the default
options have already been followed, leaving out mysql.

Looking around for the answer, I noticed some others just
download the package and install it separate from the ports.