Recommended SATA Controller on 5.4

Michael Dale mdale at dalegroup.net
Tue Aug 9 22:06:01 GMT 2005

Don't get anything based on the Silicon Image 3112 chipset, I had
great problems with it.

I ended up with a HighPoint RocketRAID 1520, which is a basic 2 port
SATA controller. It does software raid and is supported out of the
box on 5.4. I am very happy with it, although you maybe interested in
something more powerful.

MD.