X forward does not work with ssh, xauth missing

Adrian Gschwend adrian.gschwend at bfh.ch
Mon Aug 8 17:31:05 GMT 2005

Sorry to bug you with such an elementary question but I can't find it with
Google so far: I have a BSD webserver that needs to export X because I
have some stupid software I can't configure otherwise (grrr...).

I found out that I have to change the sshd_config to allow X11 forwarding.
So far so good, but the DISPLAY variable does not get set properly. So I
connected to the host with -v in ssh to get some more information:

debug1: Requesting X11 forwarding with authentication spoofing.
debug1: Remote: No xauth program; cannot forward with spoofing.

I tried to check where I find xauth but I can't find the correct port so
far, what I compiled so far is XFree86-libraries. Which port do I miss
here?

thanks

Adrian
--