Help required for pxe-booting linux from a freebsd server

manish jain goodredhat at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 8 13:10:53 GMT 2005

Hi,

I have a freebsd 5.4 server with tftpd, nfsd and dhcpd
support. I want to initiate pxe installation of CentOS
Linux on some of the machines on my network from my
freebsd box. I have the CentOS's pxe-kernel and
pxe-initrd  files. I have also compiled freebsd's
pxeboot file from the sources and placed it in
/usr/tftpboot/. Can someone please guide me through
the steps I need to take to get CentOS to boot via pxe
from my box and install from an NFS-exported directory
containing the whole CentOS distribution ?

Thanks for any help.
Manish Jain