Gnome install in FreeBSD?

Xu Qiang Qiang.Xu at fujixerox.com
Mon Aug 8 09:18:41 GMT 2005

Hi, all:

Up to now, nearly all my system is compiled and installed manully by myself.

I installed the mini 5.3 iso, and then downloaded and compiled src for every other software, such as X Window, GTK+, XEmacs, Apache Web Server, etc.

But when my eyes turns to Gnome, I am really scared by its components and dependencies. At this point, I am willing to install it from ports.

However, there is a problem: all my previous softwares were installed manually, could ports check it out to avoid install some dependencies (like GTK+) twice?

Regards,
Xu Qiang