gaim or aim on 5.4 amd64 ?

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Mon Aug 8 02:37:33 GMT 2005

--On August 8, 2005 3:15:14 AM +0200 Kövesdán Gábor
<gabor.kovesdan at t-hosting.hu> wrote:

> It isn't a compiling error. There is a tool called portaudit, which
> checks the ports against security vulnerabilities, and gaim 1.2.1 has
> some security issues, thus portaudit prevents You from installing it. Is
> your ports tree up-to-date? I don't think so. Gaim 1.2.1 is pretty old.
> Upgrade yout ports tree via cvsup and try again. If the new version has
> security issues, too, You could decide to configure portaudit to ignore
> this problem.

Portaudit merely reports on security vulnerabilities in the ports.
Portaudit will not prevent the install of a vulnerable port.  The port
itself does that, by being marked as FORBIDDEN in the Makefile, because it
has a vulnerability.

You can configure portaudit to ignore the vulnerability in that port, but
that won't solve the problem of trying to install the port.  To install the
port you must either update the port (if it's out of date) or install it
using DISABLE_VULNERABILITIES=yes when you make the port.

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas
AVIEN Founding Member