Post JDK14 installation requirements

Chuck Swiger cswiger at mac.com
Sun Aug 7 18:27:20 GMT 2005

Gerard Seibert wrote:
> In order to install JDK14, I need to run both of these commands:
>
> kldload linprocfs
> mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /compat/linux/proc
>
> After rebooting the system, do I have to re-run those commands again for
> java to be active? Would it be beneficial to put the mount command in
> /etc/fstab? I am not sure how to get the other one to run automatically
> at bootup if it is required.

Normally, one would run those commands once, and use the java port to build a
native Java for FreeBSD, which is being bootstrapped from running the
precompiled Linux Java package you have to download yourself from Sun.

Once you have a native FreeBSD java package, you don't need to mount linprocfs
or use Linux emulation to run java....

--
-Chuck