Problems with Automount

Daniel Sammut daniel.s at manuscript-els.com
Sun Aug 7 12:59:16 GMT 2005

Hello,

I am fairly new to FreeBSD having only used it for about a month. I am
using FreeBSD 5.4 release.

I have recently got round to setting up amd. I followed the instructions
to do this on a website I found -
http://renaud.waldura.com/doc/freebsd/automounting.txt

After following the instructions, and rebooting the machine, I notice
that my logs give these messages:

nfs send error 49 for server pid357 at freya:/host
nfs server pid357 at freya:/host: not responding

and typing "amq" gives this message:

amq: localhost: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Unable to send

I double checked my setup of amd, and that I followed the instructions
exactly. Everything seems correct.

I have actually set up amd successfully using the same instructions on
another computer on which I installed FreeBSD 5.4.

What do you think the problem could be?