Problem with SASL2 and postfix on freebsd

Paul Schmehl pauls at utdallas.edu
Fri Aug 5 14:52:45 GMT 2005

--On Friday, August 05, 2005 11:51:22 +0200 cell <bettan at nerim.net> wrote:

> Hello , i'm on freebsd 5.4 and i use cyrus-sasl-2.1.21 ,
> cyrus-sasl-saslauthd-2.1.21 and postfix-2.2.5,1 but i have a problem with
> sasl2.When i do "telnet localhost 25" , i have that :
>
> Trying 127.0.0.1...
> Connected to localhost.linux-win.org.
> Escape character is '^]'.
> 220 gw-bsd.linux-win.org ESMTP Postfix 2.2.5 (FreeBSD)
> ehlo example.pl
> 250-gw-bsd.linux-win.org
> 250-PIPELINING
> 250-SIZE 10000000
> 250-VRFY
> 250-ETRN
> 250-STARTTLS
> 250 8BITMIME
>

> and i don't see "AUTH DIGEST-MD5 PLAIN CRAM-MD5" and "AUTH PLAIN".In my
> main.cf , i have that :
>
> smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
> permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,
> reject_unauth_pipelining,reject_unauth_destination,reject_invalid_hostnam
> e,reject_unknown_recipient_domain smtpd_sender_restrictions =
> permit_sasl_authenticated , hash:/usr/local/etc/postfix/access,
> reject_unknown_sender_domain, reject_invalid_hostname
> smtpd_sasl_auth_enable = yes
> smtpd_sasl_local_domain =
> broken_sasl_auth_clients = no
>
> In /usr/local/lib/sasl2 i have that :
>
> pwcheck_method: saslauthd
> auxprop_plugin: sql
> sql_engine: mysql
> sql_hostnames: 127.0.0.1
> sql_user: maildb
> sql_passwd: *****
> sql_database: maildb
> sql_select: select clear from users where id='%u@%r'
>

> and in /etc/pam.d/smtp i have that :
>
> auth            optional        pam_mysql.so host=127.0.0.1 db=maildb
> user=maildb \       passwd=***** sql table=users usercolumn=id
> passwdcolumn=clear crypt=y account         required        pam_mysql.so
> host=127.0.0.1 db=maildb user=maildb \       passwd=***** sql table=users
> usercolumn=id passwdcolumn=clear crypt=y
>
> I don't understand why postfix doesn't use sasl.Anyone knows this problem
> ?

What's in master.cf?  Do you have the commands for saslauth?
smtps    inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd
  -o smtpd_tls_wrappermode=yes -o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

(I'm using smtps, but smtp uses the auth command as well.)

smtp    inet  n       -       n       -       -       smtpd -o
smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes

Paul Schmehl (pauls at utdallas.edu)
Adjunct Information Security Officer
University of Texas at Dallas