5.4-RELEASE: ALTQ support in bge driver?

Matt Taylor maximan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 22:36:26 GMT 2005

I have recently installed FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE i386 on a box that uses a
Supermicro P8SCT motherboard containing two Broadcom 5721 Gigabit Ethernet
controllers.

These are working fine and are recognized on boot, but when I tried to
configure pf to utilize ALTQ I received the following message:

pfctl: bge0: driver does not support altq

I understand the bfe driver has ALTQ support since 5.3 - is there a patch
from CURRENT I can use? Anyone know what the status of ALTQ is for the bge
driver?

Cheers,
Matt.