missing /dev/sequencer and /dev/midi under 5.4

Ben Paley ben at spooty.net
Tue Aug 2 14:09:46 GMT 2005

On Tuesday 02 August 2005 14:59, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> Ben Paley <ben at spooty.net> writes:

> > I guess I need to enable midi in the kernel, but what device / options?
>
> I'm not sure that MIDI is supported by the kernel these days.
> Does anyone know for sure?

Not me, that's certain. I guess another approach is to put something
in /boot/loader.conf...  but what?

ben at sark$ locate snd | grep mid
ben at sark$ locate snd | grep seq
ben at sark$

doesn't look too good, does it?

Well, I shall try audio/xmms-midi - from what I can gather, it plays midi
files through whatever xmms normally uses, which will do, I suppose!

Thanks a lot for your help, I really appreciate a reply even if it's to let me
know not to bother! ;-)

Cheers,
Ben