Xorg 6.8.2 Big Problems....

perikillo perikillo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 15:38:35 GMT 2005

On 7/26/05, perikillo <perikillo at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 7/12/05, perikillo <perikillo at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >On 7/12/05, Bernhard Fischer <bernhard.fischer at fh-stpoelten.ac.at> wrote:
> > > Hy Perikillo!
> > >
> > > I still have the same problem, and also no solution.
> > > One time I thought I had one, but I was mistaken :-(((
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > bh
> > >

> >    Hi Fischer, i test with 5-stable and the same problem, right now
> > iam goint to continue with 5.2.1, this one like i say before, really
> > works for me and my keyboard, i already test with. Give a try Fischer.
> >
> >    I only test 5.4-Release to see the X system, i have running 4.11
> > without any problems, but i want to test the 5 stuff.
> >
> >    But let see what happend, any information about i let you know
> > Fischer see you.
> >
>    About this problem, yesterday a buy one new keyboard Genius with a
> lot of keys on it,  i think 24, i really dont remember, but the case
> is that i install again xorg 6.8.2 on a fresh new 5.4 release install,
> without any buildworld or kernel, i think thats not really important
> to test my X system.
>
>    The think is that i let my system instaling xorg from ports,  on my
> P2, and this morning went i wake up and the installation finish with
> any errors. Them i setup my X system following the Handbook and went i
> run the server...
>
>    My keyboard was working with the Xterm, i am really happy, i dont
> make to much test on it, because i have to work, but i dont see any
> problems, all my keys where display on the X system, today after work,
> i will install some Windows Manager and make the last test, if
> everything goes great, i will make the buildworld process.
>
>    Fisher after some weeks, i see light, maybe was my standard
>    104 keyboard that dosent comunicate very well with the new driver
> kbd on xorg 6.8.2, because i was running xorg < 6.8.2 on freebsd
> 5.2.1, but the problem here is that this release is not good, a lot of
> ports are broken, this way i invest on one new kbd and try this way,
> and is working.
>
>   Hope, you already have working xorg 6.8.2.
>
>   Thanks.

   Ok guys, finally someone from www.freebsdforums.org give a track
about this problem, before he say that he was having the same problem
with his keyboard and xorg 6.8.2 on freebsd 5.4, and he test the ports
and packages, but before he build a custom kernel, and the keyboard
dosent answer, them he test with the GENERIC kernel and the keyboard
start working.

  Them this weekend i update my system to the lastest RELENG_5_4,
buildworld + buildkernel(custom), xorg was already install form ports,
and my keyboard wasnt answer, them i start from GENERIC and found that
my keyboard start to work, them i start disabling kernel options, i
build about 10 different kernels, and found that some options from
sysco driver SC, was breaking the comunication between xorg and my
kbd, this two:

options      SC_ALT_MOUSE_IMAGE
options      MAXCONS=8

   This is the only options i disable from my custom kernel, right now
is working, i hope maybe on Freebsd 6 this bug or i dont know how to
call this will be fix.

    Problem solve.
    OS: Freebsd 5.4-p6
    Kernel: Custom