Migrate primary disk (duplicate)

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at ceid.upatras.gr
Mon Aug 1 11:11:31 GMT 2005

On 2005-08-01 11:51, alexandre.delay at free.fr wrote:
> I already did that.
> as I told you, when I use sysinstall instead of fdisk, there is no problem.
>
> I tried every combination:
>    fdisk -I ad3 && fdisk -B -b /boot/mbr ad3
>    fdisk -I ad3 && fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 ad3
>    fdisk -B -b /boot/mbr -I ad3
>
> the disk doesn't boot.

Yes, but this is not a complete process of bringing up and booting a new
disk.  You've only quoted the commands that install an MBR.  You also
need to label the disk, create partitions in the label, create a file
system on those partitions and then install the boot loader on /boot of
the ad3s1a partition.

Can you show us *ALL* the steps?