Migrate primary disk (duplicate)

alexandre.delay at free.fr alexandre.delay at free.fr
Mon Aug 1 08:39:04 GMT 2005

Hi guys

I saw a post on
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2003-October/023454.html

I am actually trying to migrate from one disk to an other.
I need to write a script to do it with several computers.

The thing is that it works perfectly when I use the fdisk's /stand/sysinstall
and mbr installation, but doesn't work if I use:
fdisk -B -b /boot/mbr -I ad3 (or fdisk -B -b /boot/boot0 -I ad3)

The disk doesn't boot and I really don't understand. I am trying to find the
solution for quite a while.

The thing I didn't tell you is that I use FBSD 5.4 and this worked with FBSD
4.9.

Thanks