Looking for a KATE replacement

Frank Staals f.staals at zonnet.nl
Sat Apr 30 01:35:23 PDT 2005

Hey everyone,

When I started using FreeBSD for desktop usage ( about a year ago ) I
used KDE as desktop manager, but now I am using XFCE4.2.1 for that
purpose. But when writing html pages, scripts, programs etc I still use
KATE ( KDE Advanced Text Editor ), the thing is that it starts up realy
slow ( probably because it has to load a lot of basic kde stuff ).

So the question was does anyone know a good graphical replacement for
Kate, I esspecially like the bar on the left which lets you easily
switch between multiple files, and the build in terminalclient on the
bottom. I tried looking in the ports/editors section but there are that
many editors I realy don't know what to use. I am looking for a
graphical editor, not commandline ( therefor I allready use joe ).

So anyone ideas ?

thanks in advance

Frank Staals