problem with xfree86 configuration

CHris Rich freebsdnews at gmail.com
Sat Apr 30 00:44:38 PDT 2005

On 4/30/05, Roldán <roldanlg at yahoo.es> wrote:
> hello list;
> i have a problem configuring xf86 in my pc, i have a Intel Desktop Board D915GAG, that have a Intel 915G Chipset, a Intel High Definition Audio subsystem using the Realtek ALC860 audio codec and a Intel(r) GMA900 onboard graphics subsystem, also i have a hp 7500 monitor.
> can anybody tell me how to configure the x server, 'couse i can't do it.
> thanks

Knowing what hardware you have is a good start. Another good start is
going to this web page:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x11.html
where step by step instructions can be found. It will tell you the
things you need to know specifically about your hardware in order to
set up x. If you still have problems send another message to the list,
but first and foremost read the handbook first

Regards