pcaudio device

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at InsightBB.com
Fri Apr 29 20:37:44 PDT 2005

Somewhere, I found out about /dev/pcaudio.  I can cat a .wav file to it and it
comes out of the PC speaker.  I thought I learned this from kernel config
files, i.e., LINT or NOTES.  I even went to onlamp.com and looked at some old
articles by Dru.

Anyway, on 4.11, this works fine.  But on my 5.3 system, /dev/pcaudio isn't
being created on demand.  Is there a device.hint I could use to cause it to
be created?

Anybody know where pcaudio is documented?
--
i386 FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
There are 10 types of people in this world. Ones that understand binary and