APSFilter/LPD printing slow

Ray Seals rseals at vdsi.net
Fri Apr 29 07:22:27 PDT 2005

I'm running 5.3 on a Dell Precision 470 Pentium Xeon with a Gig of
memory and SATA hard drives.  I'm printing to a networked LaserJet 5
printer.  It takes about 40 seconds between pages when printing a
multi-page document.  Does anyone know how to speed this up?  I doubt
it's an APSFilter issue since the drive stops churning once the printer
starts (I think it's finished formatting the file).

The printer is in the next cube from me and we are all in the same vlan
on a Cisco 6500 series switch.

Thanks,
Ray