how to make "shared library cache" (ldconfig cache) changes permanent?

Tofik Suleymanov tofik at oxygen.az
Thu Apr 28 06:50:23 PDT 2005

Corey Brune wrote:

>You can add the shared lib directories to /etc/rc.conf.
>

>Corey
>
>On 4/22/05, Chad Leigh -- Shire. Net LLC <chad at shire.net> wrote:
>

>>I have a new directory I want to be always used to look for shared
>>libraries.
>>
>>I do a
>>
>>% ldconfig -m /usr/public/lib
>>
>>and all is well.  However, on reboot, the changes go away and I have to
>>do it again.  Does not work so well if things that start up at boot
>>time rely on libraries in the new directory.
>>
>>How can I execute this so it is a permanent addition?
>>
>>Thanks
>>Chad

assuming that you need /usr/local/fake to be your shared library
path,this is what
you need to add in /etc/rc.conf:
(/usr/lib/compat ,/usr/X11R6/lib and /usr/local/lib  are default
system-wide  search
pathes for shared libraries)

ldconfig_paths="/usr/lib/compat /usr/X11R6/lib /usr/local/lib
/usr/local/fake"