VPN Setup

Rene C. Mendoza rene.mendoza at activeinvitesoftware.com
Thu Apr 28 03:00:36 PDT 2005

Hi,

I plan to setup a VPN gateway using OpenVPN.  However, the setup is a
little bit weird.  Here it is:

Priv. Network A<->FreeBSD Server< ->Linksys Router(NAT) <-- INTERNET
-->Cisco VPN Concentrator--> Priv. Network B
                             (OpenVPN Gateway)

I'm a newbie in this kind of thing so I would it appreciate it very much
if anyone can tell me what  is wrong with this setup.  You may be
wondering why the Linksys router is still there when the Freebsd server
can serve as the router as well.  The answer is very much convoluted and
I'd rather not go into it now. :-(  By the way, the Linksys router can
do port forwarding.

My big question is: Is the above setup feasible and if so, could you
send me some references (on the Internet) where I can find more
info/solution on this problem?

thanks,
Rene