Full-time position for a Software Engineer with strong Perl Web application opportunity in Sunnyvale

Jaime Mendoza jaime at goaheadsolutions.com
Wed Apr 27 15:50:34 PDT 2005

Hello Gallery,

We have a full-time opportunity in Sunnyvale CA for a Senior Software
Engineer.
The ideal candidate must have strong Perl experience developing web
applications
Please send me your resume if you would like to be considered.
If you are not available feel free to refer me to some one that is.

Job description
As a Software Engineer you will be designing,
developing, and maintaining Web-based database-driven applications. You
will be taking advantage of your skills to help us design and build
applications used to deliver content and functionality for our users.

Primary Responsibilities:
"       Develop applications using Java, Perl, JSP, XML, XSL
"       Design, write, and maintain object-to-relational software layer
       and database schemas
"       Work with business users to gather requirements and organize
       requirements into development tasks
"       Write design specifications, programming specifications, and
       documentation
"       Prioritize and resolve maintenance issues and provide operational
support for the user of our business systems

Qualifications
"       Qualifications*
"       Master?s degree in Computer Science or related field
"       5+ years industry experience
"       Working knowledge of ?server-side? Java and Relational Databases
"       Applicable Object Oriented programming and web design/development
       experience
"       Strong problem solving, data analysis, design, and testing skills
"       Very effective verbal and written communication skills
"       Quick learner, eager to leverage new technologies in a dynamic
       team environment
"       Hands on experience with:
o building applications using Java, JSP and related technology
(Tomcat or similar application server).
o XML, XSL, XSLT and related tools.
o Working knowledge of Ant
o programming Web-based application in Perl and good knowledge
of applicable libraries and modules.
"       In depth knowledge of Unix and very good knowledge of network
       related issues. Good understanding of TCP/IP and HTTP protocols.
"       Experience with concurrent development process; good knowledge of
       tools and techniques used to manage development branches.
"       Good understanding of databases, tools and techniques used for
object to relational mapping, experience in performance tuning

Regards,

Jaime

Jaime Mendoza - VP & COO
GoAhead Solutions, LLC