mbmon (in xmbmon port) on ASUS P4T-533

Steven Friedrich FreeBSD at insightbb.com
Wed Apr 27 10:04:15 PDT 2005

I'm running i386 FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE and I have installed port xmbmon.

mbmon doesn't detect my hw sensoe, even though it's mentioned in the Readme
in /usr/local/share/doc/xmbmon.

The Readme mentions the P4T-533C, which is amost identical and uses the same
hw monitor chip.

I have tried adding smbus support to my kerenl config, i.e.,
device      smbus       # Bus support, required for smb below.

device      intpm
device      alpm
device      ichsmb
device      viapm
device      amdpm

device      smb

and even

device      iicbus      # Bus support, required for ic/iic/iicsmb below.
device      iicbb

device      ic
device      iic
device      iicsmb      # smb over i2c bridge

to no avail.  I even removed /dev/smb0 and /dev/smb1 and then rebuilt xmbmon.

I didn't see any ref to smb devices in dmesg, before or after removing the
devices in /dev.

Any ideas?