kern.openfiles

Lauri Anteploon / ctrl-L lauri at bitifarm.ee
Tue Apr 26 11:15:42 PDT 2005

Hi.
I'm running FreeBSD 5.3-Release, with apache2, php5, icecast2 and sc_nsv.
To my understanding some process is eating up the file handles (over couple
of days the kern.openfiles has gone from 170 to 1700). Sooner or later this
will result in "kernel: kern.maxfiles limit exceeded" errors.
Is there a way to see wich application is holding most of these file handles
and not releasing them?

Lauri Anteploon