Where to find good/cheap tech support

Benson Wong tummytech at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 11:11:11 PDT 2005

I've actually seen the ATAPI_TIMEOUT problems before, but not with an
Adaptec SCSI card. I thought I wrote up about it here:
http://www.mostlygeek.com/node/22 but looks like I didn't bother
mentioning the ATAPI_TIMEOUT problems. Oops. I think I'll have to
update it.

First of all, does the system boot in Safe Mode?
If it does (mine did), and the solution I found to the ATAPI_TIMEOUT
problem was to compile a kernel based on the PAE configuration
(without the PAE option). I'm not sure what exactly fixes it but give
that a try.

My system would hang on ATAPI_TIMEOUT, but booted in Safe Mode. The
new kernel has been running stable for weeks, no problems, rock solid.

Ben.

blog: http://benzo.tummytoons.com
site: http://www.thephpwtf.com