Mounting USB-stick

Fridtjof Busse fbusse at gmx.de
Sun Apr 24 08:46:44 PDT 2005

* Dan Olson <danolson at visi.com>:
> For me to get da0s1 to appear I use the command:
>
> cat /dev/null > /dev/da0
>
> I think there is a timing issue with my device, a Kingston Elite.

Great, thanks, that works for me as well.
I also found out it works if the stick is plugged in at boot time.
After all, it looks like a bug to me, at least I never had any problems
with the stick (Dell Memory Key) on Linux.
Is there already a report about this (didn't find anything at a first
glance)? Is it worth a bugreport?

BTW: Changing USB_PORT_POWERUP_DELAY to 1000 in /usr/src/sys/dev/usb/
usb.h didn't help. Maybe something else I could try?

--
Fridtjof Busse
printk("MASQUERADE: No route: Rusty's brain broke!\n");