subbfont.ttf, missing.

Danny Pansters danny at ricin.com
Sat Apr 23 15:28:00 PDT 2005

On Sunday 24 April 2005 00:08, Gary Kline wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 23, 2005 at 05:39:58PM -0300, Alejandro Pulver wrote:
> > On Sat, 23 Apr 2005 13:19:14 -0700
> >
> > Gary Kline <kline at tao.thought.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > The first time I installed mplayer and it prompted me for that file I
> > symlinked it to a font (you can do that instead of copying it),
> > but I was not sure about if that works (I never played a movie with
> > subtitles).
>
> 	Interesting.  I've installed, de- and re-installed mplayer
> 	several times.  Noprompting.  Anyway, I cp'd over a generic
> 	ttf file and the error dialog went away.

Read /usr/ports/multimedia/mplayer/pkg-message

For non TTF fonts you can go into the ports dir as a normal user and:

% make install-user

It makes warnings about "no font found" or alike in gmplayer go away.

If you want to use a TTF font, I guess you have to install one. Perhaps use
mkttfdir or what's it called...

I never used OSD myself I must say, and usually use kmplayer.

HTH,

Dan