Why the version I see on the official website is different(newer) from the ones I get to install?

Lei Sun lei.sun at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 18:52:34 PDT 2005

Hi,

I have been checking out how to keep my system up-to-date for quite a while,
and yet I can't seem to find the reason why -> see below

for example:

I just installed freebsd 5.3 and trying to get apache+mod_ssl installed on
my machine.
Fine, I got to do the make install, and did all of the correct
configuration, and ended up finding that the version I have is
apache+mod_ssl-1.3.31+2.8.19
After running the portaudit program, I see that it is not as up-to-date.
So, I copy the standard-sup file and did the proper configuration, and did
cvsup -g -L 2 ~/cvsup/stable-supfile
pkgdb -F
portversion
and I ended up seeing:

su-3.00# portversion
apache+mod_ssl =
bash =
cvsup-without-gui =
expat =
gettext =
libiconv =
mm =
mysql-client =
mysql-server =
perl =
perl =
pkg_tree =
portupgrade =
pstree =
ruby =
ruby18-bdb1 =

su-3.00# pkg_info
 apache+mod_ssl-1.3.31+2.8.19 The Apache 1.3 webserver with SSL/TLS
functionality
bash-3.0_5 The GNU Project's Bourne Again SHell
cvsup-without-gui-16.1h General network file distribution system optimized
for CVS
expat-1.95.8 XML 1.0 parser written in C
gettext-0.13.1_1 GNU gettext package
libiconv-1.9.2_1 A character set conversion library
mm-1.3.0 Shared memory allocation library for pre-forked process mod
mysql-client-4.1.5 Multithreaded SQL database (client)
mysql-server-4.1.5 Multithreaded SQL database (server)
perl-5.6.1_15 Practical Extraction and Report Language
perl-5.8.5 Practical Extraction and Report Language
pkg_tree-1.1_1 Get a 'graphical' tree-overview of installed packages
portupgrade-20040701_3 FreeBSD ports/packages administration and management
tool s
pstree-2.25 List processes as a tree
ruby-1.8.2.p2_1 An object-oriented interpreted scripting language
ruby18-bdb1-0.2.2 Ruby interface to Berkeley DB revision 1.8x with full
featu

I think that means apache+mod_ssl is up-to-date, and even when I am trying
to run portupgrade, it is not upgrading anything, which makes me feel really
strange, since when I do go to this page,
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/ports.cgi?query=mod_ssl&stype=all&release=5-STABLE%2Fi386
It says *apache+mod_ssl-1.3.33+2.8.22 *is the most current one.

What am I doing wrong? How do I update the apache+mod_ssl to the most
current version?

Thanks