Verizon EVDO - Broadcom a/b/g - Cisco VPN Client = how to in 5.3

Phil Schulz ph.schulz at gmx.de
Fri Apr 22 06:16:52 PDT 2005

Dana Rawson wrote:
[...]
> 3. Cisco VPN client software installation - I have downloaded the
> Cisco VPN client from Cisco and also have seen the vpnc port in
> FreeBSD.  Would either one work to connect to a cisco device?  How
> would I incorporate my .pcf file into the installation/configuration?

  I did not know that there was a FreeBSD version for the Cisco client.
If you downloaded the Linux version -- it won't work b/c it loads a
kernel module and thus won't work under the Linux binary compatibility
environment.
  The vpnc port works fine for me, although I don't know the model no.
of the device I connect to. If there are any limitations on what models
work with the port, I'm sure there is some information about it on the
webpage of the tool.
  The .pcf file is human readable, you can easily extract all
information you need to set up your tunnel. If you have the "GroupPwd"
in encoded form, search the internet for a "decoder". I don't have the
link at hand, but there definitely is a site where you can enter the
hash and have it spit out the clear phrase.

HTH,

Phil.