Network problems?

Andrei Iarus poni1111 at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 14:43:04 PDT 2005

I use 4.11R of FreeBSD. In my rc.conf file I have
these lines:
firewall_enable="YES"
firewall_logging="YES"
firewall_script="/root/ipfw.sh"
In /root/ipfw.sh there are ipfw commands, and,
commands for configuring the IP and MAC. When changing
an entry (an IP and a MAC) with other one I experience
this problem: on boot time apache freezes, and,
ignoring this, startx freezes too. I have to mention
that I have 2 network cards, but I use only one at a
time, the second not being connected to the switch. Id
doesn`t meeter the Ip or the MAC, the network device
is "UP" and "RUNNING", everytihng is ok. Could it be
because of the hostname??????? I can`t figure out
this. Thank you for your help.