vmware alternative for freebsd?

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Wed Apr 20 05:20:18 PDT 2005

Didier Wiroth wrote:
> Hey,
Please dont top-post...it makes it very hard to know what you are
referring to

> Actually I'm working witn xp and windows vmware. I use it for testing
> unattended installation CDs, service packs etc..., new windows netware
> client testing, software testing etc... and use "a lot" the vmware snapshot
> functionality.

same situation here - haven't actually had time to look seriously into
it. Has anyone tried running the linux version under FBsd with the Linux
compat layer?

Some other links you may want to look into:
http://www.essenz.com/support/comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc/Sep/25/205021.html
  mentions something called plex86.

cheers,
Beto

> Thank you
> Regards
> Didier
>
> ------
> Hey,
>
> There is a few out there for fbsd.. but the only one I have used with
> success is qemu.
>
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/url.cgi?ports/emulators/qemu/pkg-descr
>
> Its quite quick, but I feel it isn't as quick as vmware is/was.

[...]