MySQL Server died yesterday !

Graham Bentley gbentley at uk2.net
Wed Apr 20 04:10:55 PDT 2005

Hello All !

I made quite a few changes to my system recently
but havent touched any MySQL specific stuff.

When I came to check my forum it was dead
with an unable to connect error :(

This is in the logs and is recorded every
time I reboot or start manaully with

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/mysql-server.sh start

12:05:43  mysqld started
12:05:44  InnoDB: Started
12:05:44  Fatal error: Can't open privilege tables: Table 'mysql.host'
doesn't exist
12:05:44  Aborting
12:05:44  InnoDB: Starting shutdown...
12:05:46  InnoDB: Shutdown completed
12:05:46  /usr/local/libexec/mysqld: Shutdown Complete

I have googled on this and read various sections of
the MySQl manual but cant seem to nail it - nothing seem specific
to my issue.

Some links suggested reinitialising my DB but
am not sure how to go about that.

Any help appreciated !

Graham