IRQ problems b/n USB and PCI modem... help!

Roland Smith rsmith at xs4all.nl
Mon Apr 18 15:19:58 PDT 2005

On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 02:24:28PM -0700, Philip Hallstrom wrote:
> Hi all -
> 	I am in IRQ h*ll.  I'm trying to setup an box to use as an inbound
> modem server...

> I am pretty sure my problem is that the USB controller and the third modem
> are both using IRQ 9, but I can't think of any way to resolve that.

> Anyone have any ideas on how I can get this to work?  Should I try FreeBSD
> 5.x?

If tou try 5.x, and the machine works with acpi, you can set the
interrupt to use in /boot/loader.conf:
hw.acpi.pci.link.%d.%d.%d.irq=<num> where %d.%d.%d is the device
selector, and <num> is the irq to use. See acpi(4).

Roland
--
R.F. Smith                           /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
r s m i t h @ x s 4 a l l . n l      \ /    No HTML/RTF in e-mail