gmirror losing drive

Danny Howard dannyman at toldme.com
Mon Apr 18 10:56:50 PDT 2005

Andrea Venturoli wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm almost happily using gmirror on da0 and da1.
> The problem is after every reboot da0 is gone and I have to issue:
> gmirror forget gm0
> gmirror insert gm0 da0
>
> Then it will synchronize automatically.
>
> Why? How do I resolve? Should I save the configuration in any way
> after issuing the previous commands?

Andrea,

I'm not entirely sure on this one ... you have RTFM?  There's "gmirror
configure -a" ... but that is about synchronization.

What does gmirror info says before you forget / insert?

My hunch is that you are not rebooting cleanly, so when the system comes
up, gmirror thinks it has to re-sync the disks, but it is not configured
to do so automatically?

What command / process did you use to set up your mirror?

-d

--
http://dannyman.toldme.com/