terminal server recommendation?

Brian McCann bjmccann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 08:01:10 PDT 2005

     OT for the list I'd think, but for power cyclers, I use the APC
MasterSwitch units with the network management card in them.  They
have a nice web interface, or you can console to them via serial, and
they support telnet as well (maybe SSH..not sure on that one.).  As
for a terminal server, since we have extra 1U servers sitting around,
I will be building my own, using EdgePort 8-Port Serial<->USB
adapters...either on FreeBSD if they are supported or W*ndows,
depending on if FreeBSD supports them (haven't looked yet).

Hope that helps,
--Brian