IDS Recomendations

Brian McCann bjmccann at gmail.com
Mon Apr 18 05:47:10 PDT 2005

This should probably be posted to freebsd-security, but I figured I'd
start here first.  I've got to start to implement an IDS system, and
I'm wondering what any of you guys are using for software.  I've
always used Snort & ACID, but I'm curious how others feel.  I've seen
Prelude, and it looks kinda cool, but Snort & ACID have proved
themselves over many years.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

--Brian

Brian McCann
Systems & Network Administrator, K12USA

"I don't have to take this abuse from you -- I've got hundreds of
people waiting to abuse me."
                -- Bill Murray, "Ghostbusters"