Starting applications automaticaly

Brian Kinsey brian at thekinseys.net
Sat Apr 16 16:17:21 PDT 2005

I am using xfce on FreeBSD 5.3. How do I make an application start up
automatically when xfce starts up? I am trying to learn on a laptop and I
would like to have xbattbar start up automatically. Right now, I open a
terminal window and type xhost +, su, xbattbar and then I have to leave the
terminal window open.

I know this is probably in the handbook (which I admittedly have not read in
its entirety), but I can not find anything in the ToC, the index, or from
searching Google. Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing? Any help, even if
it is just a reference to the proper place to look in the handbook, would be
greatly appreciated.