/var/spool/clientmque 185meg

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Sat Apr 16 08:55:27 PDT 2005

On Sun, Apr 17, 2005 at 01:05:05AM +1000, Warren wrote:
> > If you have mail in /var/spool/clientmqueue, then it sounds like mail
> > hasn't been delivered yet.  What does 'mailq' show you?
>
> /var/spool/mqueue is empty

Hmm.  Is this box pointed at a correct set of name servers?  What happens
when you run this:

  sendmail -Ac -v -q

> > Is the undelivered mail destined for a local user (yourself, or
> > postmaster), or is it destined for a remote address?
>
> atm i got no idea where its destined all i know is that that folder is full
> and has filled my /var past its alloted meg
>
> > If it's destined for a local user, you should be able to use aliases
> > to vector it into the mailbox you want.  See aliases(5).
>
> i had a .forward file seto to send it to root at enterprise

( If it's literally 'root at enterprise', you might want to make sure
that 'enterprise' resolves to a real host somewhere that accpts
mail, and that you have MX or A records appropriately set up. )

A .forward file would only forward mail for that one user.  From
/etc/aliases, you could handle mail for all users, if neccessary.

This sounds more remote mail that not getting delivered.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
55 Crystal Ave. #286			Daytime number: (603) 434-6842