Default root password for FreeBSD 4.2-RC2

MZaini mzaini at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 19:56:45 PDT 2005

Hi,

Section 10.12 in System Administration only addresses the issue when
the person is on site which is not in my case. Since the default
installation would come with its own /etc/passwd, /etc/group,
/etc/master.passwd, /etc/pwd.db, /etc/spwd.db then I should have been
able to login using the root account that came with the default. True
or not?