Adding my CDRW device to k3b

Justin R. Pessa jstn at sdf.lonestar.org
Thu Apr 14 16:00:26 PDT 2005

Allo!

I'm having problems trying to get k3b to recognize my CDRW drive. I went
to "Settings" > "COnfigure k3b" > "Devices". When I add /dev/acd0 it
says "Could not find an additional device at /dev/acd0". Here is the
output of dmesg. The system sees the device fine, I folloed the handbook
instructions for CDRW setup.

acd0: CDRW <TDK CDRW241040X/6.34> at ata1-master PIO4
cd0 at ata1 bus 0 target 0 lun 0
cd0: <TDK CDRW241040X 6.34> Removable CD-ROM SCSI-0 device
cd0: 16.000MB/s transfers
cd0: cd present [1 x 2048 byte records]

$ ls -al /dev/acd0
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  jstn    4,  13 Apr  7 22:14 /dev/acd0

I realize this is probably more a k3b problem than a FreeBSD problem,
but I feel as though there is something specific to FreeBSD I have
either missed or am over looking.

Any ideas?

Thanks!