Evolution with KDE on 5.3

Dana Rawson absolutezero273c at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 07:19:36 PDT 2005

I am new to FreeBSD and trying to get Evolution installed on a FreeBSD
laptop with KDE.  I have tried everything I can think of to get
through this.  I have googled for answers as well.  Tried installing
Gnome and that didn't work either.  I tried manually updating and
installing certain dependencies but that failed.  Also ran CVSup.

I did read the error message, which is posted below, and I have
downloaded the gnomelogalyzer, but don't know how to " direct the
output of the failure of the make command to a file, and
then feed that file to the gnomelogalyzer..."

Would you be able to point me in the right direction or person(s) to
inquire about resolving this?

Thanks in advance.

checking for   libgnome-2.0 >= 2.0.0   libgnomecanvas-2.0 >= 2.0.0   libbonoboui
-2.0 >= 2.0.0   gconf-2.0 >= 1.1.11   pango >= 1.1.2   gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.7.3
gnome-keyring-1... Requested 'gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.7.3' but version of gnome-vfs i
s 2.6.2

configure: error: Library requirements (  libgnome-2.0 >= 2.0.0   libgnomecanvas
-2.0 >= 2.0.0   libbonoboui-2.0 >= 2.0.0   gconf-2.0 >= 1.1.11   pango >= 1.1.2
  gnome-vfs-2.0 >= 2.7.3   gnome-keyring-1) not met; consider
adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries
are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them.
===>  Script "configure" failed unexpectedly.
Please direct the output of the failure of the make command to a file, and
then feed that file to the gnomelogalyzer, available from
http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/gnomelogalyzer.sh, which will diagnose the problem
and suggest a solution.  If - and only if - the gnomelogalyzer cannot solve
the problem, report the problem to the FreeBSD GNOME team at gnome at FreeBSD.org,
and attach
"/usr/ports/x11-toolkits/libgnomeui/work/libgnomeui-2.10.0/config.log" and
the output of the failure of the make command.  Also, it might be a good idea
to provide an overview of all packages installed on your system (e.g. an `ls
/var/db/pkg`).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/x11-toolkits/libgnomeui.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/databases/evolution-data-server.
*** Error code 1