Italics not shown properly in OpenOffice

Andreas Davour ante at Update.UU.SE
Thu Apr 14 04:26:01 PDT 2005

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005, Bjarne Wichmann Petersen wrote:

> On Saturday 09 April 2005 18:10, Andreas Davour wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have a strange problem in OpenOffice 1.1.4 with italics. Text
>> formatted as italics doesn't show up in italics on screen. If I cut and
>> paste som text from an old document it hows up properly. This is very
>> strange, and a quite severe bug - if that's what it is.
>
> I've stumbled over the same som time (years?) ago. If I remember correctly,
> using a different font seemed to "fix" this.

Years! Then I hope they fix this problem for the 2.0 release. I
investigated the matter amongst the reported bugs, and it is such a
bizarre oddity. The typeface they have choosen as default doesn't allow
italics! Why on earth did they choose such a typeface? Setting the
default typeface to something else "fix" the problem, correct. Too bad
the problem is something else...

/Andreas