SMBQ

Graham Bentley gbentley at uk2.net
Wed Apr 13 00:30:26 PDT 2005

> Message: 3
> Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 15:38:27 +0200
> From: "Lis" <lis at 1234567890qwertzuiopasdfghjklyxcvbnm.de>
> Subject: Re: SMBQ
> To: <FreeBSD-Questions at FreeBSD.ORG>

> u must change the security to user
> the public to no
> only guest to no

But that would change the entire directory, not just a subdirectory.

What I was hoping to be able to do was create a new subdirectory but
ask the users for a password for that subdiretory only, not the entire
branch.

Does anyone know if this is possible in Samba ?

Even if I could just create a new password protected share without
changing or effecting existing ones... can you do anything like this?

[Private]
comment = Private
path = /Private
public = no